Canadian Franchise Information
Welcome to Franchising in Canada
Surely you’ve heard all about how franchising is such a powerful business model, and you might have also heard that many of the most successful franchises started in North America. That’s because Canada such a great market for franchises.
In this section of BeTheBoss.ca, you’ll find a wealth of resources on franchising; covering everything you might want to know. Articles range from the basics about how the business works, to interviews with CEOs, to tips about how to get the most out of your franchise opportunities in Canada. It all can be found right here. Consider the facts, and its plain to see why Canada is a great place to open a franchise. Every two hours a new franchise opens in Canada, and the industry generates $100 billion in sales each year. These numbers continue to increase each year. The franchise industry employs a lot of people too; over 1.5 million people nationwide to be exact.
There is a lot to know before you invest in a franchise in Canada, and due diligence is essential. Anyone who has bought a franchise will tell you that thorough research is the essential first step. You’re in the right place to begin your journey by reading our resources. After studying our materials, you should be better prepared to invest in a franchise business.
The Growth of Franchising in Canada
- Canada is one of the franchise capitals of the world led only by the U.S.
- A Canadian franchise opens every 2 hours 365 days a year
- Franchising represents over $100 billion in sales annually and continues to grow
- Franchising employs over 1.5 Million people in Canada
- Total number of units in Canada is 75,809
- Approximately 500 of the largest U.S. franchisors have introduced their franchise systems to Canada