Dunkin Donuts Establishes Nutrition Advisory Board
Dunkin' Brands, parent company of Dunkin' Donuts, recently announced the creation of a Nutrition Advisory Board, comprised of leading experts on nutrition, health and wellness.
The Nutrition Advisory Board will assist the company to
better understand and stay ahead of health and wellness trends while enhancing
the nutritional value of menu choices available in its restaurants.
Specifically, the Board will assist Dunkin' Brands' management with research
and perspective to aid in the development and reformulation of products that meet
the evolving needs of customers while incorporating current nutritional
Members of the Nutrition Advisory Board
The distinguished members of the Nutrition Advisory Board provide a diverse perspective on the topic of nutrition today. Charter members include:
• Dr. Caroline M. Apovian, M.D., F.A.C.P, Associate Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics Director, Center for Nutrition and Weight Management, Boston University School of Medicine
• Harry Kangis, Vice Chairman, Coffee Quality Institute
• Dr. Susan Oliverio, M.D., M.P.H., Assistant in Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
• Judy C C Phillips, MS, RD, LDN, Culinary Nutrition Consultant and Program Manager, "WIN-WIN for Health," South End Community Center, Boston
• Dr. Nadine Sahyoun, Ph.D., RD, Associate Professor, Department of Nutrition and Food Science, University of Maryland, College Park
• Dr. Aryeh D. Stein, M.P.H., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Hubert Department of Global Health, The Rollins School of Public Health, Doctoral Program in Nutrition and Health Sciences, Emory University
• Dr. Tim Ryan, President, Culinary Institute of America
"We are very proud to announce the formation of an advisory board that is represented by leading experts in the field of nutrition," said Joe Scafido, Dunkin' Brands Chief Creative and Innovation Officer. "Dunkin' Brands looks forward to collaborating with this esteemed board to further develop a broad range of high-quality menu choices to accommodate the evolving needs of our busy, on-the-go customers."