Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Franchise in Canada Serves it up in summer.
(June 2009) – There’s nothing that says SUMMER like ice cream. Did you know that Baskin Robbins has now introduced Soft Serve ice cream in Canada? Baskin Robbins is the ONLY ice cream store to offer both hard scoop and Soft Serve ice cream. Now lovers of each can indulge together!
DID YOU ALSO KNOW THESE COOL TRIVIA FACTS …
- in April Baskin Robbins Canada and the Canadian public raised over $29,000.00 during 31Cent Scoop Night for The Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation for the building of the first national monument to honour fallen firefighters
- the first official ice cream cone was made on July 23, 1904 when Charles Menches of Missouri started filling pastry cones with two scoops of ice cream for the St. Louis World Fair
- the first Baskin Robbins store opened in Canada in 1971 at Bathurst & Eglinton in Toronto and has only ever been owned by 2 different families
- the Baskin Robbins initial concept was to create a flavour for every day of the month – thus 31 – and since then there have been over a 1,000 flavours created
- Canada’s Annual Heritage Flavour is Chocolate Mousse Royale and our month for it is September
- June’s Flavour of the Month is …Coconut Grove, coconut ice cream with a ribbon of caramel fudge
- Roman Emperor Nero ordered ice be brought from the mountains and added fruit and honey – making it the oldest known predecessor to ice cream as we know it today
- Baskin Robbins currently holds the Guinness World Record for the “World’s Largest Ice Cream Scoop Pyramid”, which was achieved on May 18, 2000 using 3,100 scoops of ice cream
- Sunday is the most popular day to eat ice cream … or, a sundae
- Vanilla is the most popular ice cream flavour, chocolate syrup the most favourite topping
- Cookies ‘N Cream, became an instant hit in 1983, and holds the distinction of being the fastest growing new flavour in the history of the ice cream industry
- Charles I of England always had a form of ice cream served at his table. It was his chef's secret recipe. No one knows for sure if the chef kept it a secret because the king paid him to or if it was because he had his life threatened if he ever told. In 1649, Charles was beheaded and the chef spilled the beans. Soon nobility all over Europe was enjoying ice cream.
- Baskin Robbins began with two brothers-in-law, Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins
- Burt Baskin once met a man who told him, "Whoever thinks of all these flavours must be plumb nuts!” "Congratulations," said Mr. Baskin. "You just invented a new flavour: Plum Nuts."
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, another flavour phenomenon, was created in 1991
- the “Ice Screamers” is a collectors’ club founded in 1982 whose members specialize in collecting ice cream parlor memorabilia and gives people a chance to share their common passion for ice cream
- New Zealand is the world’s largest consumer of ice cream consuming 23 litres per capita a year
- the longest Canadian Baskin Robbins store owners are Daniel & Julianne Choi, now retired, who were with Baskin Robbins for 31 years
- the longest Canadian Baskin Robbins store owners, still working and could potentially out-run the Chois, are Jack & Julie Janbazian who’ve been with Baskin for 30 years
Soft Serve mixed with other ingredients creates these “31 Below” treats:
31 Below Reese Peanut Butter Cups
Reese Peanut Butter Cups and Reese Peanut Butter sauce mixed with Baskin Robbins smooth and creamy vanilla Soft Serve.
31 Below Smarties
Smarties and a hot fudge ribbon mixed with Baskin Robbins smooth and creamy vanilla Soft Serve.
31 Below Oreo
Oreo cookies mixed with Baskin Robbins smooth and creamy vanilla Soft Serve.
31 Below Chocolate Oreo
Oreo cookies and hot fudge mixed with Baskin Robbins smooth and creamy vanilla Soft Serve.
31 Below Chocolate Brownie
Brownie chunks and hot fudge mixed with Baskin Robbins smooth and creamy vanilla Soft Serve.
31 Below Strawberry Banana
Real banana and strawberry topping mixed with Baskin Robbins smooth and creamy vanilla Soft Serve.
Please check out the official Baskin Robbins’ website www.baskinrobbins.ca for more Soft Serve news and Baskin Robbins updates.
About Baskin Robbins Canada:Baskin Robbins Canada is the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 5,800 retail shops in more than 40 countries. Baskin Robbins was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavours and a wide variety of delicious treats. Baskin Robbins is part of the Dunkin’ Brands, Inc. family of companies.