AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES AB, BC, SK, MB, ON, NB, NS & PEI
Join Canada’s Largest Pet Specialty Franchise
The passion of Pet Valu franchisees is obvious: Pets! Our franchisees demonstrate this through the personalized service and attention to detail in selecting the right care and nutrition for each and every pet. With a compelling and engaging retail experiences through in-store and digital channels.
What Pet Valu Does
Pet Valu Canada Inc. is Canada’s largest pet specialty retail chain. Whether you are looking for supplies for dogs, cats, fish, birds, or small animals, Pet Valu offers a broad selection of national and premium brands. We are proud to consider ourselves “Animal Care Experts”.
Pet Valu started in Toronto in 1976 and in 1987 we opened our first franchise. Today, there are more than 680 stores, including a franchise network with over 458 stores across Canada.
A Proven Business Model
Pet Valu follows a proven owner-operator model with highly flexible, adaptable formats to fit local needs. As a Pet Valu franchisee, you’ll gain access to the tools you need to operate a successful business:
• Store build-out comprising of:
Complete set-up with a proven store design
Leasehold upgrades supervision
Store equipment ordering and installation
• Shelf stocking and merchandising best practices
• Grand opening support
• Best in class inventory control with more than 200 vendor relationships
• Expired food coverage for new and established stores
• Purchasing and warehousing of more than 7,000 national and premium brand pet foods and supplies.
• Industry-leading private label programs, including one of the broadest private label brand assortments of pet foods, supplements and supplies in Canada.
• A well-established brand name with a reputation for excellence in quality and service.
• New store marketing co-op for local marketing.
• New store royalty relief during start-up.
• Sound reputation and strong relationships with developers and landlords - a significant advantage when competing for key plaza space.
What We Offer
Pet Valu has a long-standing reputation in the pet supply industry, with over 45 years in the business. We have become recognized as the animal care experts in communities across the country.
Franchisees enjoy turn-key store operation including floor plans and design, supervision of leasehold improvements, store equipment purchasing and installation, initial inventory purchasing, and experienced supervision at store opening.
Since we are an owner-operator model, each franchisee is required to complete three weeks of training. The first two weeks of training are hands-on at an existing Pet Valu store under the supervision of an experienced operator. The final week of training is virtual online head office training, consisting of a variety of topics, including daily operation procedures, bookkeeping, product knowledge, staffing, marketing, and pet care.
Pet Valu franchisees receive ongoing support from our Operations team and their Franchise Business Consultants (FBC). With your FBC’s ongoing operational support and frequent on-site visits, they provide a wealth of expertise and experience in the field to help you successfully establish your business in the community. Additionally, you will receive support from our in-house marketing team, who will help you brainstorm, design, and execute local advertising campaigns.
We have the broadest selection of exclusive brands in the Canadian pet specialty industry, including Performatrin Prime, Performatrin Ultra, Performatrin Ultra Limited, Performatrin Naturals, Fresh4Life, Jump, Essentials, Lovibles, Barker's Complete and Bailey & Bella. These products are known for quality and value and are available only at Pet Valu stores and associated stores. The reputation of our branded products encourages customer loyalty.