- Investment Level
$1,000,000 - $1,000,000
- Number of Units640
- IndustryFast Food Franchises, Business Opportunities, Food, International franchises
- Franchising Since1953
- Royalty Fee6%
Investment Level > $1 million
About the Industry
- The foodservice industry exceeds $49B annually, almost half of which is QSR (Quick Service Restaurants). Growth has been in the range of 2-3% per year over the past 5 years. (The NDP Group/CREST ®, years ending August)
- Chicken is a growth category and currently outpaces industry growth. KFC is the top “chicken” operator. (The NDP Group/CREST ®)
KFC’s story started in 1930 when Colonel Harland Sanders began cooking for hungry travelers at a gas service station in Corbin, Kentucky. Over the next decade, he perfected his secret blend of 11 herbs and spices. To this day, it is one of the most famous trade secrets in the industry and a major point of differentiation from our competitors.
KFC is a division of Yum! Brands Inc., the world’s largest restaurant company in terms of system units with more than 40,000 restaurants in over 130 countries and territories. The company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders in chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Collectively, Yum! Brands Inc. and our franchise partners serve more than one billion customers annually.
KFC was introduced to Canada in 1953 and today, KFC Canada encompasses over 650 locations in various formats, including: free-standing, concessions, and food-courts.
KFC is looking to expand our presence across Canada to capitalize on market opportunities. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, a track record of success in either owning or managing a business, and a strong appetite for multi-unit development.
KFC franchisees benefit from:
- Brand Recognition: KFC is widely known for its unique recipes and has the reputation for selling the best tasting chicken (Yum! QSR Brand Image Tracker – YTD Q3 2013).
- Start up support: Our team assists with all aspects of setting up a restaurant including site selection, lease negotiation, design and construction, and pre-opening marketing.
- Training: KFC has a passion for people capability and believes that it is one of the foundations to making a great business. New franchisees participate in a comprehensive 12-week training program supported through hands-on learning at a certified training location with world class training tools. Ongoing training is provided for national promotions, new products, team/management training through comprehensive learning tools (print material, standards library, workshops, and e-learning). It’s one of the ways YUM! cascades our ‘how we win together’ principles, by setting franchisees up for success and taking all team members along on this journey!
- Marketing and Innovation: In Canada, KFC leverages national, regional and local marketing campaigns with a multi-million dollar marketing budget. We are continually creating exciting new menu items both for limited offers and permanent menu items to respond to changing consumer tastes. Further, we are continually exploring alternative brand concepts and restaurant formats to ensure we are on the leading edge of restaurant development.
- Supply chain management: All our franchisees participate in a purchasing co-operative that consolidates the purchasing power of our network in order to negotiate for the best prices on inventory and supplies.
At KFC, we believe that building and sustaining strong relationships with franchisees is the key to driving excellence and growing profitable businesses and so we work very hard to support our franchise partners. If you’re interested in participating in building KFC Canada’s legacy and success, contact KFC today.